Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 6 with Mother Singh

We were watching a movie last night, and we were all sitting on the couch together. So, I grabbed this big, warm blanket and proceeded to cover myself with it. Then when my boyfriend sat down, I asked him if he would like it, and he did. Then Mrs. Singh, sits down and I offer her the same. It is queen-sized blanket and can easily cover us all, but she declines. Then a little while later, she says something involving, "thanda", and my boyfriend goes to turn on the heat. She is still saying thanda, and the blanket is offered again. Then declined again.

Well, I don't know what to do! I am trying to help here-seriously! Nothing is good enough and nothing will cease the complaints. It is very tiring to say the least. Also, while we were watching the film last night, North by Northwest (1959), Mrs. Singh asked my boyfriend to fast forward while Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint were kissing! And by kissing, I mean the bare minimum. This was 1959 for goodness sake! They didn't show anything inappropriate in mainstream movies back then. They were barely doing anything and she wanted to skip it. Not to mention it was actually an integral part of the plot because we were supposed to be understanding the relationship between the two characters! I just keep thinking to myself: "What? Are you kidding?"

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture on the top of your blog. It looks like a place you can just lay down and get lost and nobody would find you. I need one of these fields in the middle of my office!

    ReplyDelete